What are your challenges?
Learning and teaching models are evolving due to the influence of mobile technologies. The education industry needs new models and fresh frameworks to avoid losing touch with the radically evolving needs of its many current and potential new constituencies. The need is exceptionally urgent when we take into consideration the generation of digital natives – students who are just as comfortable with touchscreens as they are with books.
At Young Digital Planet we focus on the concept of m-learning, where “m” stands not only for “mobile” but also for “me”. The near-ubiquity of handheld devices and their constantly decreasing costs enable the idea of "education that you can hold in your hand". That is the reality not only in the so-called developed markets but also in resource-challenged parts of the globe.
To be successful in their future initiatives publishers and educators have to face the following key opportunities and challenges:
• Encourage “learning anytime and anywhere”
• Enable a personalised learning experience
• Fit within learning environments
• Improve twenty-first century social interactions
• Reach underserved children
• Support teachers and students changing roles
How can we help?
mobile Comprehensive Curriculum is a product for publishers and eContent providers whose aim is to use the technology students know and love in order to make their offer appealing to them.
mobile Comprehensive Curriculum is also a perfect solution for K-12 educational publishers and distributors who would like to generate revenue from ready-made digital products and content.
mobile Comprehensive Curriculum consists of:
• an interactive, ready-made digital course in Art, Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, History, Geography, Maths, Music, Physics and Science at Upper Primary and Secondary levels. It is available in American English and developed in HTML 5, giving publishers the flexibility of delivering the content online and to mobile devices including the iPad and iPhone, Android-based tablet PCs and smartphones.
• the Digital Books Solution - Bookshelf, that provides a set of tools and technologies for every step of the interactive book ePublishing process, from the eContent creation to its delivery to the end-user’s device.
• Interactive Content Editor that allows you to localise and adapt the eContent in a flexible and efficient way.
• Asset Management System that makes it possible to import, categorise and manage all types of multimedia files used during eContent localisation and adaptation.
mobile Comprehensive Curriculum content is an innovative course that incorporates mobile learning into mainstream education and training. Unleashing the educational potential of mobile devices has never been that easy.